When it comes to movie streaming, the first thing that comes in everyone’s mind is Netflix. I have seen many people asking about how much is Netflix for a month or how much does Netflix cost per month? Netflix is basically a video streaming service that allows you to watch movies, TV shows series and many more online without downloading. Though Netflix is not free, and you’ll have to subscribe to a Netflix subscription plan in order to watch movies on it. Another good thing about Netflix is that it provides movies DVDs to its users too. If you are new to Netflix or want to know more about how much does Netflix cost per year or monthly, then you have landed on the correct page.
Here in this post today we are going to tell you about Netflix subscription cost and plans, along with Netflix DVD/Blu-ray plans cost. Though you can enjoy Netflix services for 30 days using Netflix free 30 day trial, but you’ll have to pay Netflix cost after free trial. We are also going to post about free Netflix premium accounts, but till then read this post about how much does Netflix cost to know about its monthly subscription plans.
What Is Netflix ?
Let us tell more about Netflix first for those who don’t know about it. Netflix is one of the world’s most popular and widely used streaming and DVD-by-mail media service provider which was founded back on August 29, 1997. According to recent reports of October 2016, Netflix reached more than 86 million subscribers worldwide and among them more than 47 million in the United States. When it was started Netflix was available only in US, but now they have expanded their services in over 190 countries. If you are looking for best video and media streaming website, then Netflix is what you need.
Now for those who are searching for how much does Netflix cost, here’s what you need to know about. Netflix doesn’t have a specific subscription plan like every other website, but it have 2 subscription plans, which are further divided into Netflix cost per month plans. Below we are going to tell you about both of them.
- DVD/Blu-ray Subscription Plans (available only in the US)
- Netflix Streaming Subscription Plans
How Much Does Netflix Cost Per Month | Netflix Cost UK, US , Canada
Netflix streaming plans are most popular, and people often search for how much does Netflix cost just to know about the streaming plans, ad Blu-ray and DVD plans are available only in US. We are going to tell you about both plans, but first let us tell you how much does Netflix cost per month?
- Basic Plan – $7.99 per month: As the name suggests, it is a basic plan and doesn’t offer any advanced features. You can stream movies and videos in non-HD video format. It is cheapest Netflix plan. Another thing to know about Netflix basic plan cost is that you can only use this plan at 1 device at a time.
- Standard Plan – $9.99 per month: If you are serious about watching movies and TV shows online, then subscribe to Netflix standard plan. In this plan you can enjoy movies and media in HD, though Ultra HD is not available but this plan is most popular Netflix subscription plan. By using standard plan, you can watch movies and TV shows on home TV and on 2 screens at the same time.
- Premium Plan – $11.99 per month: The best plan of Netflix offers Ultra HD movies and TV shows too. This is the third plan of Netflix and if you are looking for Netflix accounts for multiple people, then this is perfect plan for you. Premium Plan of Netflix allows you to watch movies and TV shows on 4 screens at the same time with a single Netflix premium account.
How Much Does Netflix Cost In UK?
Now you are aware about how much does Netflix cost monthly in their three subscription plans, but everyone requires members to pay a fixed price per month. If you want to know about how much Netflix is per month in UK and Canada, then here’s your answer.
- In the cost of £5.99 per month, users will be allowed to stream Netflix media on 1 device at a time. This is the cheapest Netflix plan.
- For £7.49 per month, you can stream Netflix movies, and videos in HD video format and on two devices at a time.
- For £8.99 a month, which is also Netflix’s highest plan for UK you get opportunity to stream media in Ultra HD, plus four screens at a time.
How Much Does Netflix Cost | Netflix DVD/Blu-ray Plans
Netflix DVD and Blu-ray plans are available only un US and the price depends on how many discs you can have at any given time. There’s no specific up charge for Blu-ray DVDs and discounted price for normal movies DVDs. Another thing to remember here is that not all the time Blu-ray discs are available, so in that case you’ll be sent the normal DVD one even if you are on Blu-ray plan.
Additionally, there is a limited plan and an unlimited plan.
The limited plan will allow you to get 1 DVD at a time, and not more than 2 DVDs per month. While in unlimited plan you can enjoy unlimited number of DVDs per month.
Now if you want to know how much Netflix cost for DVD plans, then let us tell you that the plan starts from $4.99 per month for the limited plan and range between $7.99 and $52.99 for the unlimited plan, depending upon how many discs you want at any given time and if you choose the Blu-ray option.
Netflix is one of the best site to kill boredom, and now you know about how much Netflix cost monthly too so subscribe to it and enjoy. Though Netflix subscription plans are very cheap, and differs from country to country but these were official Netflix cost per month. If you don’t want to spend money, then sign up for free Netflix account today and enjoy 30 days free movie streaming on Netflix. We hope you have got your answer about how much does Netflix cost per month via this post. If you know more about how much Netflix cost in UK and Canada, or how much Netflix cost per year, then let us know about it via comments below.